RPF Recruitment 2020: The Railway Protection Force is actually a security force of India combined with the services like protecting railway passengers, passenger area and railway property of the Indian Railways. This is a Central Armed Police Force (CAPF) that comes with the power to investigate, arrest, and prosecute criminals. The force comes under the authority of the Ministry of Railways in India. The total strength of RPF is 65,000. A few days back, the Railways Recruitment Board has released the RPF Recruitment 2020:
RPF Recruitment 2020 Eligibility Criteria:
- To apply for Sub Inspector (Executive), the candidate must have done graduation from some recognized University. The maximum age to apply should be 25 and a minimum of 20.
- SC and ST candidates will get age relaxation of 5 years, OBC will get age relaxation of 3 years, and ex-servicemen candidates who have put in not less than 6 months of continuous service after attestation.
- To increase the service rendered in Armed Forces along with UR will be given age relaxation of 3 years, OBC with getting age relaxation of 6 years, and SC/ST candidates will receive age relaxation of 8 years.
- Those who have been domiciled in Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1-1- 1980 to 31-12-1989 (Unreserved) and UR will get age relaxation of 5 years, OBC category candidates will get for 8 years, SC/ST will get for 10 years.
- Central Govt. employees (Unreserved) other than ex-servicemen who have served for less than three years of regular & continuous service on the date of reckoning, UR will get age relaxation of 5 years, OBC category candidates will get for 8 years and SC/ST will get for 10 years.
- Widows, divorced women and women judicially separated from husband (but remarried) – UR will get age relaxation of 2 years, OBC will get for 5 years, and SC/ST will get for 7 years.
- Date of birth: For OBC, age group should be 20-25, the upper limit of date of birth should be 2-7-1993, for SC/ST 2-7-1990, and for all categories date of birth should be 2-7-1988 and maximum date of birth should be 1-7-98.
- For UR/OBC male candidates, height should be 165 cms, chest unexpanded should be 80 and expanded 85
- For UR/OBC female candidates, height should be 160 cms
- For SC/ST category male candidates, height should be 160 cms and female candidates 152 cms. Chest unexpanded for males only should be 76.2 and unexpanded should be 81.2
- For Garhwalis, Dogras, Gorkhas, Marathas, Kumaonese and other Categories specified by Govt., the height of male candidates should be 163 cms and female candidates should be 155 Chest expanded for males should be 80 and unexpanded 85
- The application fee is nonrefundable.
- For all candidates excluding fee concession categories will be Rs. 400/- shall be refunded by deducting bank charges on appearing in CBT. The fee will be Rs. 500/-
- For those belonging to SC/ST/ Female/Minorities/ Ex-serviceman/Economically backward class will pay Rs. 250/- which shall be refunded duly deducting bank charges on appearing in CBT. Otherwise, the charges will be Rs. 250/-
RPF Recruitment 2020 Exam Pattern:
The selection procedure for the RPF Recruitment 2020 Constable exam consisted of three stages, which are as follows:
- Phase – I – Computer Based Test (CBT)
- Phase – II- Physical Efficiency Test (Pet) & Physical Measurement (Pmt)
- Phase – III: Document Verification
Phase-I: Computer Based Test consisted of Objective Test which is for 120 marks. It will be commenced in the online mode. The test is divided into 3 sections-General Awareness, 50 questions for 50 marks for 90 minutes. Arithmetic with 35 questions for 35 marks and the last section will be General Intelligence & Reasoning with 35 questions for 35 marks.
Candidates will get language options for CBT and they can choose any one from Hindi, English, Urdu, Tamil, Telugu, Konkani, Malayalam, Kannada, Marathi, Gujarati, Bengali, Odia, Assamese, Manipuri and Punjabi.
The standard of the examination will be of level 10th
Candidates need to answer all questions and for every correct answer, they will be rewarded with 1 mark. Negative marks will be given every wrong answer and there will be a deduction of 1/3 marks every wrong answer. No mark will be given if the candidate failed to attempt any question.
All about Phase – II: physical efficiency test (PET) & physical measurement (PMT). Candidates will be given a call for PET and PMT for 10 times the category wise total vacancy in Group of Zonal Railways/RPSF notified. This limit may be increased or decreased as required ensuring the availability of adequate candidates for notified posts. It is important to pass Physical Efficiency Test (PET) The criteria for PET is given below:
For category Sub-Inspector ( Exe) Male, there will be 1600 meters running that candidate need to complete in 6 minutes 30 seconds, high jump 3 feet 9 inches, long jump 12 feet.
For category Sub-Inspector ( Exe) female, there will be 800 meters running that candidate need to complete in 4 minutes, high jump 3 feet, long jump 9 feet.
Important to Note: For all 1600 and 800-meter events, the candidate will be given only one chance and for rest of the events such as Long Jump, High jump, candidates will be provided with two chances.
Ex-servicemen will be exempted from PET, but they need to go through PMT.
The candidate is required to go through all tests as per the norm eligible for the consideration.
All the candidates qualifying in 1600 mtrs/800 Meters will be measured for eligibility with respect to height and chest. Chest measurement will be taken only for male candidates. If a male candidate’s unexpanded chest measurement is below eligibility limit, expanded measurement shall not be taken and he shall be treated as disqualified.
Male candidates who do not have minimum height will not be considered for measuring chest and will be treated disqualified.
Those who do not have minimum height, chest (expanded and unexpanded) will be treated as failed in PMT.
PMT/PET is qualifying in nature. There will be no marks awarded.
Phase – III: Document Verification:
It is based on the performance of the candidates in CBT and subject to the qualifying in PET and PMT. Candidates will be given a call for Document Verification.
In case, if there are two or more candidates attaining the same marks. The merit position will be determined on the basis of age criteria that is an older person will be given higher seniority.
The appointment of the chosen candidates is subject to the passing requisite Medical Fitness Test to be commended by the Railway Administration, concluding verification of educational, category certificates, verification of character and past history of candidates from local Administration and successful completion of initial training.
Those who fail to appear in the Document Verification will not be chosen in the final selection, irrespective of the performance in written examination and PET/PMT.
Important to Note: there will be a penalty for incorrect answers.
RPF Recruitment 2020 Process to Apply:
- Candidates are required to register via online mode using the bank’s website – https://si.rpfonlinereg.org/
- Candidates are required to have a valid email address as well as the mobile number which needs to be active till the time of result declaration. This will help the candidate in getting a call letter and all sorts of advice.
RPF Recruitment 2020 Application Form:
- Make a payment of the RPF SI Recruitment 2020 Application form using modes such as debit card /Internet Banking/credit card by giving info mentioned on the screen. Transaction charges for online payment need to make by the candidate.
- After successful completion of the transaction, e-receipt and application form along with fee details will be provided to candidates for further records.
- Take out Print Out of the Application Form for further reference.
RPF 2020 Syllabus:
RPF SI Recruitment 2020 Syllabus includes various topics from General Awareness, General Intelligence & Reasoning, Number systems, Spatial orientation, Spatial visualization, Similarities and Differences, Indian History, Analogies, Whole numbers, Geography, Decimal and fractions, Art & Culture, Economics, Fundamental arithmetical operations, General Polity, Percentages, Arithmetic, Problem solving analysis, etc.
RPF Vacancy 2020:
The Total Number of Vacancy for RPF 2020 are 9739. These posts are for Male/ Female Constable & SI.
Male/Female Constable Vacancies:
|A||SR, SWR & SCR||656||82||34||32||804||621||114||54||138||927|
|B||CR, WR, WCR & SECR||329||42||18||51||440||388||92||45||187||712|
|C||ER, ECR, SER & ECOR||877||184||134||92||1287||816||201||132||242||1391|
|D||NR, NER, NWR & NCR||761||152||68||65||1046||646||141||75||144||1006|
RPF SI Recruitment 2020 Admit Card:
RPF SI Recruitment 2020 Admit card will be available in the online mode. To get the admit card, first go to the main website
- Choose download RPF SI 2020 call letter for constable examination
- Enter your Registration Number/Roll Number and Date of Birth/Password
- Click on the submit button and admit card will be generated and attain the printout.
- This card will be issued ten days prior to the examination. Download the admit card and seek its printed copy for further help.
RPF Cut Off:
This examination will be commenced in the month of September and October. There will be the release of cut off for the selection process for Sub Inspector. Candidate must score equal to or greater than cut off marks in each phase to have a selection in the recruitment process.